This week I met with Natalia Welch and built some recipes with her for hot drinks you can make with her product. This is the first of five recipes you can make at home with Pura Panela. Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp course-ground coffee (I used Edgcumbes Columbian Bruselas)
- Pura Panela (to taste)
- 1 ½ cup water
- Boil the water in a kettle.
- Rinse out your cafetiere with ½ cup boiling water in order to preheat it.
- Let the boiling water sit in the kettle for a minute.
- Spoon in 2 level Tbsp course-ground coffee into the cafetiere and pour over the remaining hot water.
- Let the coffee sit for 5 minutes and put the panela into your mug.
- When the coffee has finished brewing, press the plunger gently all the way down.
- Pour the coffee over the panela and stir well.
Next week I will be putting together Guarapo, a Colombian soft drink with a lime and cinnamon twist so be sure to look out for it. As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts on the post and if you’ve tried out the recipe in the comments below.